10 Tips For Starting A Website Directory
Posted on Feb 20, 2017 by Administrator
Yes, a directory website is a great way to generate passive recurring revenue. Most of us get that. But even with the greatest directory idea, you need to know where to start. The fact is, it’s not your fault. A lot of the technology is confusing and we were never taught how to use it. The risks are just too high to actually get started. But here’s the good news: things are easier now. The technology is more intuitive. All you need is a great idea and a clear plan of action!
* Pick a simple company name…don’t complicate things
* Choose a domain name that is catchy…it should be easy to remember
* Choose the right theme for your business...choosing the right theme for your concept is key to success
* Get a Toll-Free number…it’s a cheap investment and people trust companies that are accessible (even if they never call)
* Launch quickly & don’t wait for details…your competitors are right behind you
* Add awesome features later…if you need cool features from the start, then the core idea is not strong enough to stand on its own
* Keep costs down…focus on launching quickly and getting users…don’t invest in anything else to start
* Use the free tools at your disposal to help get you off to the right start
* Don’t worry, you can change things later…your site will never be perfect, make updates as needed
* Ideas are worthless without action…good ideas mean nothing unless you turn them into something real
What helpful tips do you have to share with other directory owners that are getting started? We'd love to hear from you!